Escrow AssistantCompany: Your Company Name Here
TX - Plano
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Escrow Assistant
Prior to Closing:
- Order payoffs and final utilities for files; verify payoffs match title commitments.
- Handle all file requirements prior to closing, including but not limited to liens, judgments, and bankruptcy requirements
- Obtain most past and present tax information; ensure current taxes have not been paid.
- Order and follow-up on HOA letters, bylaws, financials, and irrigation.
- Obtain commission information on the real estate agents involved in the transaction.
- Disburse files and verify receipt and accuracy of wires.
- Prepare Power of Attorneys and Quit Claim Deeds when necessary.
- Maintain communication with the Escrow Officer regarding status of the file.
- Handle walk-ins or phone calls when Escrow Officer is unavailable.
- Help other assistants and fill in as receptionist as needed.
- Assist with entering figures from lender.
- Assist with printing documents for closing.
- Print checks for closing.
- Assist with faxing figures to lenders/Realtors.
Clean out file for shipping of loan package, recordings, follow-up on any money held in escrow, etc.
Prepare closed out file for scanning.
- Ability to comprehend and write instructions, correspondence, and memos (proper punctuation, spelling, grammar a must).
- Excellent verbal/written skills along with strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to deliver superior customer service.
- Must have high level of organization and strong attention to detail.
- Computer competency (Microsoft Office), keyboarding/data entry skills, basic math skills, phone/customer service skills, spelling and proofreading required.
- Notary a plus.
ControlID: 14.234.89 SHR