Director of Secondary MarketingCA - San Diego
The Secondary Marketing Analyst is responsible for the day to day operations of locking loans and the ensuring the validity of pricing data. They are responsible for all locks to have sufficient time to close and ship while maintaining company set margins. While working closely with all Loan Consultants, Compliance Specialists, Client Coordinators, and Post Closing, the Secondary Analyst must use excellent verbal communication to give the borrower the best home buying experience.
The responsibilities of the Secondary Marketing Analyst include but are not limited to the following:
Executing Locks and renegotiations
Validating price from Change Requests
Maintaining Company Set Margins for all loans
Keeping up to date reports for Locks, Margins, Expirations, and Commitment Positions.
Process and record rate lock modifications.
Compile lock request data for daily hedge reporting
Manage Hedging and direct trading activities.
Perform daily analysis of hedging activities
Ensure effective bid and purchase of capital market transactions.
Responsible for maintaining margins and profits for the company, the Secondary analyst must utilize Optimal Blue and Investor pricing tools to provide correct rates and pricing to the Loan Consultants. The Secondary Analyst is responsible for all loan changes that can affect the lock confirmation, and for proper documentation within Encompass.
- Working knowledge of Client, FHLMC, and other investor lending guidelines preferred
- An experienced professional with mortgage finance experience.
- At least one year in the mortgage finance industry, or related field, or at least two years in professional positions directly related to job requirements.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
- A high degree of interpersonal skills including tact and cooperation in order to interact with various internal contacts at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills are required to assess mortgage rate pricing problems and needs.
- Excellent organizational skills to handle several concurrent responsibilities.
- Must be knowledgeable of personal computers and various supported software.